About Me

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Let me tell you-- I absolutely love this time of year. Thanksgiving is the perfect time to think about my blessings and cherish the wonderful people I have in my life. Elder Bednar's talk "Pray Always" (I loved this talk-- so inspiring!) from the most recent conference seems very fitting for Thanksgiving. He counsels us to periodically offer a prayer unto the Lord in which we solely express GRATITUDE for our blessings and ask for NOTHING. This week I am going to challenge myself to do that every night! It really shouldn't be too difficult. I have so many wonderful blessings.

Well, I love you ALL and love Thanksgiving. It reminds me how blessed I am. Oh yeah, mashed potatoes aren't too bad either. :)

A

7 HOLLAS!:

Stephanie said...

I'm with ya--I LOVE this time of year as well--but pumpkin pie? I thought you hated it! I LOVE it--you are wierd.

Happy Holidays

Tara said...

I with Steph, what's up with not liking pumpkin pie? It's the Best! I also love love love this time of year and can't wait for the Thanksgiving Feast!

becbloggin said...

i love reading your blog...might have told you that before...but you have the blogging thing down :)

Michelle said...

That's a great idea! Sometimes I feel like I get in the complaining mode when really I have every reason to be thankful. Great job with your inspiring post!

Jose said...

I can't believe all my sisters talk about how this time of year is great and fail to mention their favorite brother's birthday. You should be thankful for that occassion because of how much I mean to you.

Tara said...

joseph you are so humble

Michelle Catherine Walker said...

I can't wait to see you at Christmas too! We're all doing great, the kids miss you tons!!!