About Me

Monday, October 13, 2008

So I'm a little frustrated.

Tell me this would not annoy you:


In a span of 2 weeks, you eat very healthy. You are very aware and you make conscious decisions to eat fruits and vegetables each day. Oh, and lots of water. The occasional treat consists of Golden Spoon frozen yogurt. You exercise every single day (excluding Sunday). This exercise routine consists of 30 to 45 minutes of cardio and a half hour of weights, crunches, etc. This includes sweat. Lots of sweat. (Not to mention creepy old gym men creeping the creepies out of you.) After all of this scrupulous effort, YOU GAIN ONE FREAKING POUND.
:/ A

10 HOLLAS!:

Tara said...

I can commiserate with you! I don't understand why I keep gaining weight, eating whatever I want and sitting on my butt, it makes NO sense!

Seriously, hang in there it will pay off! I always kept track of a whole month instead of week because there were always the ups and downs, but over a month it evened out to be a loss! I really do know how you feel because when I was in the middle of training for the half marathon (I like to throw that in whenever I can) I ran 26 miles in one week and gained 3 lbs., so FREAKING FRUSTRATING, just don't give up!!!!

austin + courtney said...

It was not 1 pound. It was .5. AT LEAST YOU DIDN'T GAIN 2 POUNDS!! You're awesome, keep up the good work, you're inspiring me to eat more vegetables.

Oh and I have to totally agree with you on the creepy old gym men creeping the creepies out of you. I have one at my gym who is always on the phone (I think he is pretending to look important - it's always an argument, for example, "NO! I TOLD YOU TO FAX THE ITINERARY! NO! NO! I AM BEING CALM!! LISTEN TO ME!"...I mean come on.), he wears spandex wrestling-type outfits and lays on the ab bench just grunting with no actual movement (I think the thought of doing a crunch is what is making him grunt), with an occasional wink in my direction. Sometimes I wish the treadmill I was on would let me run far, far away from this man. Maybe I should start going at a different time of the day.

Tara said...

courtney what gym do you go to I've gotta see this guy?

Aaron and Rachael said...

Your 1 pound is just pure muscle from all of that weight lifting-You should feel proud, because all that I get in is jogging/walking and one set of an arm machine!

Felicia said...

Alyssa, it's perfectly normal to gain weight when you first start an exercise program. Although, it sure doesn't make us feel any better about ourselves! Keep it up...it will eventually pay off!

Becca Jones said...

At least you're exercising.. you're already better than me. :)

Alyssa Walker said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephanie said...

It would TOTALLY annoy me! Hang in there, I'm sure all the hard work will pay off soon. AND, you are looking fabulous!

Felicia said...

That's why I don't work out. I just get fatter. Actually at the MTC I only ate cereal for about 2 weeks, all three meals, and I lost weight. Maybe try the frosted flakes diet. It worked for me.
- Joe

Anonymous said...

So pretty much you probably gained weight because you don't have any flippin weight to lose, so you just gained some muscle!!! Jerk! You can't even complain!!! Just be grateful you are not as fat as me.